Co-writing can be an amazing experience when two minds come together to create something new in the world.
Or it can be a painful process that ends in disaster!
In this short book, bestselling authors J. Thorn and Joanna Penn share tips on how to successfully co-write a book and avoid the pitfalls along the way. It includes excerpts from their private co-writing diary, honest notes written every day on a fiction project that will help you on your own journey.
Updated 2017 with a new chapter based on a four-author collaborative novel.
In this book, you will discover:
* What is co-writing?
* Benefits of co-writing
* The difficulties of co-writing
* Finding the right person to co-write with
* Before you start: written legal agreement
* Practicalities and process of co-writing and co-creation
* Excerpts from Risen Gods co-writing diary
* What happens if it goes wrong?
* Other types of collaboration and co-creation
* Tips for multi-author boxsets
* Tips for managing a multi-author collaboration
* Appendix 1: Example agreement
If you want to improve your writing skills and your productivity, co-writing might be the right thing for you. Download a sample and try the book.