en
Книжки
Zoe Robinson

The Answers: Sustainability. How can you learn to live more sustainably, without giving up your lifestyle, and why should you care?

How can you learn to live more sustainably, without giving up your lifestyle, and why should you care? We often hear the terms sustainability and sustainable development, but how much do we really understand about what they mean? Is sustainability just climate change in a different package? What’s the difference between global warming and climate change? And, most importantly, what can be done about it? As well as explaining some of the most pressing problems, this book answers these questions and looks at how we are progressing. While many of these problems can seem overwhelming when viewed in isolation, many of the answers are, in fact, connected. Quite often the adoption of one solution will solve more than one problem at a time. Crucially, this book also explains that the individual has real power. It is easy to feel overwhelmed by the scale of the problems the world is facing, yet in truth, each one of us has a significant contribution to make in all aspects of our lives
93 паперові сторінки

Враження

    👍
    👎
    💧
    🐼
    💤
    💩
    💀
    🙈
    🔮
    💡
    🎯
    💞
    🌴
    🚀
    😄

    Як вам книжка?

    Вхід або реєстрація

Цитати

    ahmedoffelvin99361цитує5 років тому
    Around 30% of the world’s remaining oil reserves can be found from conventional sources. The remaining 70% is contained in unconventional sources such as tar sands, heavy crude oil and oil shale.
    ahmedoffelvin99361цитує5 років тому
    Sustainability consists of three pillars: environmental, social and economic. The reconciliation of these three pillars is the ultimate goal of sustainable development
    ahmedoffelvin99361цитує5 років тому
    It was defined by the UN on 20 March 1987: “Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.

На полицях

fb2epub
Перетягніть файли сюди, не більш ніж 5 за один раз